… of Best Western Plus Hotel Eyde
The history of Best Western Plus Hotel Eydes historie can be tracked back to 1839, where the hotel was one of only 3 buildings in Herning.
It all started back in 1839, where an city administrator by the name Peter Christian Bertelsen opened the Christiansminde Inn. At that time there were only to other buildings that would later become the courthouse and pharmacy respectively of Herning - in 1841 there were still only residents in Herning and as such a far cry from the city as we know it today.
In 1856 the Christiansminde Inn was sold to John Eyde, who would come to have a significant role in the development in and around the Inn. Eyde showed his foresight on several occasions, but one of his most notable actions was when he gave the city the land for Herning church. Not least because he conditioned that a there should always be a space for a market place between his Inn and the church and that way ensuring that the inn - and later the Hotel - would always be centrally located in the middle of the town.
In 1882 John Eyde sold the inn to Chr. Jensen, who immediately began a major transformation of the appearance of the inn. First, the eastern part of the inn was rebuild and was finished by 1885, while the western part was only completed in 1893 and thus appeared as we know the main building of the hotel today. The inn was then renamed Hotel Eyde.
Various owners have continuously renovated and enlarged the old hotel - but always with due respect for the atmosphere and historical background of the place. In the ownership of the Diderichsen family, this line is continued and as such continuous and extensive renovations are being made so the hotel may also appear as an exciting combination of classic elegance and homely comfort in the future.